View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 03:19 PM   #35
Vikingstaff
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

With the xdrive, you’d typically try to replace all tires together. Conformity of tire wear and tread is optimal for computer/AWD. The fact 2 are new, one is 70% and yet another is at 56% is puzzling, and not optimal. EITHER someone has damaged tires, and opted to replace only damaged tire for cost (kind of understandable with expensive tires), or they simply did not maintain tire rotation and got un-uniform wear amongst their tires. Anyway, just putting out there that it’d be an issue in my book. If 2 of the tires are new and 100% tread, I’d make sure the other two are the same type and new as well.

Also, I live in Michigan so I can encounter some bad winter roads like our friends to the north such as yourself in Canada. Going form a performance RF all season to non-RF winter tires this past winter was a HUGE improvement: stoping, starting, traction and stability, and ride comfort. Night and day difference. I’ll be switching back to my RF all seasons late March. Not looking forward to the stiffer ride again, but they have lots of life left in them. Eventually they’ll be replaced with an all season non-RF to just help with ride comfort.