03-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #16
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm108 View Post
I'm pulling out my hair trying to get this overhead console off.

I've followed some instructions scattered around these forums to no avail. I'm afraid that I'm going to break something so I want to be sure as to what I'm doing before I put too much pressure on anything.

Specifically, I can't find any good pictures of where the front two metal clips are located. When I peak over the lower plastic layer I can't see any clips. Most of what I can see are the bulbs for the reading lights and these rubber parts surrounding the lights. Where are the front clips in relation to these lights?

How do I disconnect the clips? Just get a good hold on the upper layer and yank the thing down? Do I need to pry the clips with a screwdriver?

I can see all the other metal clips. Just not the front ones.

Very important - Do not force anything. You will be most unhappy if you break something. Do not YANK anything and stay away from the telematic wiring towards the rear of the console.

Look here, as there are pictures of the clips.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=515517

The F10 overhead console is very similar, but not exactly the same, as the F25 console.

I had no problem with the front clips. you just have to push them in with your finger while GENTLY pulling down.. The side clips, I still have not figured out exactly how they popped open.
Appreciate 0