02-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #2447
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1b View Post
I'm new to the forum and awaiting my first ever BMW.

Placed the order on 20th January; due w/b 24th March.
Originally it was due at the beginning of May, but a cancelled order meant mine moved to an earlier build slot.

Here is the spec:
X3 20D M Sport, auto, space grey, oyster leather, business navigation, visibility pack, electric seats, privacy glass, extended storage.

With the recent release of more information on the 2015 model, and since you can no longer configure an X3 on the UK website, I've lost a little confidence in my order.
Am I mad to be buying a car that will be one of the last off the production line?
How will it affect resale values in 3 years time?

I am pleased with the discount I got on my order which was equivalent to a broker's price but direct with a main dealer. I also can't really wait until June/July to replace my current car.

What would you do?
I don't think it will really affect the resale value in 3 years. It definitely would good going from 1st gen to 2nd gen but not for a facelift that most buyers wouldn't notice or care about.

However, I would be a buyer who did care and if it was me, I would definitely wait unless I absolutely couldn't, or unless I got a hefty discount. Bear in mind the pre-LCI will drop a little when its sold alongside the LCI and they need to shift old stock - but that would be for buying one off the forecourt whereas you have a custom build.

The LCI is the first obvious aesthetic change but there have been quite a few tech changes like RTTI, upgraded nav, BMW Apps, and these have all come in since I got mine 3 years ago. There will be more goodies available to option over the next 3 years too so you'll quickly be out of date, even with an LCI.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0