dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
+2 I think the SE looks "DATED".
I think the MSport looks like a minivan from the side. The front and back are nice but I can't live with the sides.

I agree that the black plastic on the back of the SE doesn't look great but I am with Sfax on liking it on the sides. The car looks much lighter and more athletic.

BMW MSport styling is really hit and miss to me. Love it on the old 1er and the new 3er but on others it just looks like an aftermarket body kit.

It is totally subjective of course and there is no right answer generally, only what is right for you.

However it does seem that the bigger engines are primarily ordered in MSport which is why I would avoid a 35d SE which I would suspect will be very uncommon and lose a lot more on resale.

30d SE seem to be a few around so less of a concern and that's what I ordered. I'm still bracing myself for a big depreciation hit on the six cylinder and £10k of options (shudder)... although the excellent discount I obtained absorbed a chunk of that.

In either case it will be a lot more than the unbelievable £1500 that parkers says I've lost on my Q5 in 15 months!

Last edited by dnw; 12-15-2011 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0