12-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
The reason for fiddling with the XML was because the mapping on the BMW Routes website was not current. I was planning a trip to France but the routing tried to take me through a city centre when there is a newish bypass. The bypass shows on Google maps. So I just wanted to tweak the route.
Question- what happens if you leave the defined route, does the sat-nav try to get you back to the next waypoint? What happens if you miss a waypoint?
On the XML fiddle, what I'm saying is you can define any number of waypoints that you like using GPS or places on the BMW website here. You can then save this as an XML route that can either be sent to the car or uploaded manually via USB. You could overwrite the XML but it would be safer to edit the way points using the website where it's validated

And on your question, the route mapping is all done by iDrive in the same way regardless of how the end points are provided. When you send a route, all you send are a sequence of endpoints that iDrive processes one at a time. If you don't follow the given route it just gets updated in the same way it does normally.

My question still remains though: If you save a custom route on the BMW Routes website, how do you access it in Navigation after importing it? I can see and import the routes but I never see the "Saved journeys" option in the pdf. Will try USB later to see if that works

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0