04-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

2013 X3 35i MSport -New Owner

Greetings all,

I picked up my X3 35i MSport yesterday afternoon.

By way of brief background, on 3/31, I orderd a '13 X3 28i MSport w/the new 4 banger Turbo. The next day, Sunday, I had doubts, and immediately called my dealer the following Monday (4/2) morning. On 4/2, I changed my special order from a 28i MSport to a 35i MSport.

I changed the order for the following reasons:

1. I did not want to purchase the Alpha series of a new engine.
2. More hp and more torque from the 35i, what's not to like?
3. Cost difference btw the two MSport models is approx $3k plus.
4. With the 35i, the Xenons and the Pano Roof are standard. Thereby the small diff in price premium. I wanted these options on my 28i MSport...
5. Fuel rating is inconsequential, when you look at the numbers.
6. I did not want to experience buyers remorse. In essence, you buy cheap(er), you buy expensive, b/c I would have eventually wanted the 35i, and I would have paid for it in the end with a trade-in. Pay the money up front and be happy, lol.
7. Lastly, the new 4 banger Turbo appears to be a success for the 3 series Bimmer, but that car weighs about 800 pounds less than the X3. I figured the SAV needs a bigger engine to haul approx 4200 plus pounds.

In the end, very satisfied with my decision. No buyers remorse here.
Engage the Sport Mode or the Sport+ Mode, and look out. Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.... It is amazing how the SAV transforms from mild to wild with the switch of the iDrive. Simply amazing!

This will be a fun SAV!

Options: White exterior/Tan interior; MSport Pkg; Premium Sound Pkg; Cold Weather Pkg;

Special ordered car on 4/2; car arrived at dealer on 4/16; picked up at dealer on 4/19. Fun began on 4/19...

Interesting Tidbit: I was surprised to learn the car can run on 89 octane, after the break-in according to my SA... I picked up my 2012 BMW R1200 RT last weekend, and even the motorcycle can run on 89 octane. This was a big surprise to me??? Does anyone know why high compression Turbo charged engines can all of a sudden run on mid-grade fuel???

Future Purchase Plans: I informed my SA and the SM that a 135i MSport is in the plans, soonest. I need a small pocket rocket to replace my 4 door sedan, due to limited parking space in my garage...

Tks/Cheers,

BB
Appreciate 0