Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
I am expecting by 9/12. They said most likely end of August best case scenario. Yes it seems like the Macan S that I spec'd is about $12k from a loaded X3. X3 is a great vehicle IMHO. Just leaves me wanting. If Dinan had some performance mods that would be under warranty I would stay. I called them and he said they have not even considered X3. No time frame nothing. All focus is on M's, etc.
That's pretty quick- though I'm sure it'll feel like forever.

I hear you on the X3 lacking a real performance model. With the success of the M235i and the impending (Frankfurt/September) release of the X5/X6M I do think that something like an MX3 35i/MX4 35i (hopefully they do a better job naming than I just did) could be a possibility. At bare minimum, I would expect an MPPK and a few M-Performance parts (as others have eluded to).

Still, definitely not Macan caliber. Then again, for $75k you can also get a reasonably well equipped X5 5.0i or for a $5k more an RRS V8.
If they had something in the pipeline of upgrades or X3M I would be in. I love the brand and model. Just want more thrill!!! Thank you very much!