11-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
I'm also using 1440p with 16:9 resolution.
noticed the dab radio has some interference today in Slough area, not sure if that is the area having a weaker signal or the dashcam is causing interference.
I'm using temporary velcro at the moment to determine the best position for it, with the wire running up along the drivers side top edge and along the roof lining to the boot cigar socket.
had a quick search online for "dab/gps interefence" and some folks suggest running the wire in the opposite direction or fitting some ferrite supressors to the wire
Ok. I am running mine with a USB extension lead under the passenger seat and up the side and using the cigarette lighter inside the armrest.

With regards to the dab drop out. It was a long story so will not go into it here, but I was looking at another front and rear camera combination more than a year ago, but when I spoke to an installer who was recommended to me, he said the aerial in the back window was interfered with by the second (rear camera). It did not happen to all BMWs and advised if I went the route with that company's cameras, was to test the installation by just laying cables loosely to the back. If the dab was affected then return the kit for refund because there was no solution.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0