View Single Post
      09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #52
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet_Rider View Post
I am waiting for my X3 35i M-Sport (Alpine White) here in Saguenay (2hrs north of Quebec City) and I have been doing quite a bit of shopping for tires and wheels today.

I have to say that I am now leaning towards using my M-Sport 19 inch wheel as winter wheels because as much as they are pretty nice, they are not as nice as a unique aftermarket wheel.

So instead of having very good looking winter wheels, I prefer to use the stock ones for winter and buy some new ones for summer.

And I did confirm with my dealership today that we do not need the TPMS valves on the Canadian X3.

I also found a lot of rims with the exact specs that Lotus provided us. Lots of them in the 200 CAN$ price range per wheels. So I don't think it is going to be too hard to find good summer rims. TSW brand and RTX offers very decently price rims.

I am looking for non-RFT at this time. I will carry a sealant bottle from Canadian Tire and an air compressor.

My dealership (Quebec City) is making the 307 style 18 inch with Pirelli Sottozero-II for 3700$ + tx which is just insane. That equals to about 500$ per wheels just for the rim. I don't think it is worth that price. 500$ for a rim will be a lot nicer in the aftermarket.

Let me know what you guys are buying for this winter, it is unfortunately coming soon.
I'm undecided between the Pirellis or Dunlops. Tiretrends.com seems to have decent pricing with shipping to QC. From what I am reading, there is no perfect winter tire, people have complaints about every brand. But in Montreal and in QC, we really need a high quality winter tire.
Appreciate 0