View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #46
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Lets hope they keep them in a separate area! That would be my biggest concern...how many people are they letting look and touch my car! I know my dealer hasn't had an X3 demo in months so anyone wanting to see one would have to look at one that was sold to someone! I'll do some driving for you over Memorial day weekend!!
LOL re: the driving part...I'm going to drink heavily as a substitute.

re: people touching your x3 etc...I'm pretty sure that legally the dealer can't do that b/c techncially the car is reserved etc... I mean maybe they can open the doors etc, but letting anyone drive it is absolutely out of the question. if our x3s had any more than 5-8 miles on them I'd reject delivery b/c it woudl suggest they had it out for a drive etc.

Also it's doubtful that they woudl tee up your car for this b/c right now our vehicles are not prepped at all....and they REALLY need to get prepped...they come in from the shipper pretty dirty from what I understand. So if you weren't taking delivery for a week let's say, they woudln't prep to show people, and then prep again to give to you...they definitely don't want to do that twice b/c there is a cost to them for doing that.
Appreciate 0