rgx3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive 35i

I have my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid2 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that this fix is "officially" to fix a shifting/acceleration delay when slowing down to slow speed of 3 - 10 mph and then trying to accelerate from this slow speed. This is just one of the symptoms of the throttle lag when pulling away from a stop. Maybe the "official" symptom there are stating the update is for is more of a safety issue then just pulling away smoothly from a stop. Either way, both issues are fixed with the update.
Dropped the car of at the dealer for a software update that specifically was for the above mentioned issue. The SA kept drilling me that if I didn't have this specific problem that the software update didn't apply. I kept referencing info from this forum and telling him that throttle response was abrubt after slowing down and speeding up and after stopping at a stop sign and then accelerating. He said they would drive it and see if it had the specific problem the software update was for. I argued that if there is a software update then why isn't it installed automatically? Oh, he also asked if I tried driving in sport mode? Should I have to? I feel like I'll go back tomorrow and they will have done nothing. I'm trying to remain cool but many of you have said the software update is the bomb and fixes the throttle response. It's frustrating to say the least.
Appreciate 0