View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Has anyone ever managed to import a custom route? I've sent one to the car, can see it in the car on iDrive under BMW Routes, then I import it which is successful, and then, ... , where is it? There is nowhere under Navigation to see saved routes.

Anyone know how to get the main menu up which has "Saved Journeys" on it? I only see "Destination Input", "Address Book", "Last Destination", "Points of Interest". No good.

May have to revert to plan A which is putting the route together in the car after sending the waypoints from Google Maps - would prefer not to as this is clunky
I started looking into building my own custom route from the file you download via BMW Routes. Its a TAR.GZ and then ZIPPED file. It looks like it stores the route as GPS multi waypoints. Editting the XML file then re-zipping looks like hard work. + I couldn't find an easy GPS waypoint builder. I tried using Google Maps to produce a waypoint GPS build but it builds too many waypoints- how to thin it down to the essentials??
When I have some 'spare' time I might look into this again. I was hoping to build an excel macro to alter the xml with custom input.... time is not my friend at the moment

Example from XML...
</Address>
<GeoPosition>
<Latitude>51.52278731</Latitude>
<Longitude>-0.74266847</Longitude>
Appreciate 0