View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #219
Upstate_X3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2015 BMW X3  [0.00]
Brand new BMW owner (less than 24 hrs) here and I have a few questions about this option.

(Bit of a Rant and the value of forums like this!) First of all I purchased due to a major design issue on the US 2012/2013 Passat. After waiting many months for my top of the line diesel Passat to come in I learned the day before I was to pick up the vehicle that you can NOT put a roof rack on the car. I was religiously following two forums when a person posted that the owners manual states categorically No Roof Racks. We had asked repeatedly about this during the sales process and was told no problem. After reading the post I called the sales guy and he was like "really, it says that in the manual??" After a sleepless night I drove over to the dealership which just happens to sell BMWs as well.....saw the X3 with the rails and decided on the spot to drop the Passat and go with the 2013 X3 (it was even the right color).

So to sum it up.....I'm a very happy camper and love the space in the X3 and the way it drives.

On to my questions about the PlugIn:
Has anyone found documentation on it and the features it provides?
Does anyone know what the number next my cell strength bars means?
When my iPhone is in the PlugIn I was lead to believe it would get connected to the diversity antenna to boost the signal, but I haven't seen any increase in strength. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance...a very happy BMW convert!

2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i Vermillion Red Metallic/Leather Nevada Mojave, Retired with 49,750 miles
Appreciate 0