gregoryw1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 30i

Garage List
2015 X3 35i  [0.00]
Picked up X3 35i in Spartanburg on Tuesday

I picked up my X3 35i at the Performance Center on Tuesday. What an experience! Do it if you possibly can. They treat you so well and I learned a lot - both on the track and during the tour. Donny is the best - he took a lot of time to teach us everything about the car.

I got Sport Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Sunroof, Heated Seats, Titanium Silver & Oyster Leather. I got the 18" tires. After I ordered it I regretted not getting the 19" ones but after picking up the car I find I really like the 18s. (Although I'm sure others will disagree) I think they look super cool and the ride is as smooth as butter (although I haven't felt the 19s).

I like this car so much I just look for excuses to go out on errands just to drive it some more. But does anyone know how to disable the iDrive warning message that seems to come on each time I start it up about being careful about using when driving - drives me nuts.

One more thing ... the first driving exercise at the Performance Center is this kind of obstacle course through cones. I went first and did what I thought was a pretty good job. Then I explained to my wife how to do it in very simple terms I thought she would understand. Well she floored it and totally kicked my butt - never knew a BMW can bring out such a healthy aggressive side it someone. You should have seen the smile on her face. She did the same on the ABS exercise too - totally jammed on the brakes.

Oh and they didn't have any X3s to use - so we drove X5s. They said every single X3 coming out of the factory is already paid for for the next few months so they won't be getting their fleet of X3s any time soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0