View Single Post
      10-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #19
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

I love all the hate on these boards, at this point I would say 50% of BMWs are hated by people here, maybe you should go over to an Audi or Mercedes forum instead...

These cars sell, in the US and overseas, which is why they keep making them and new versions of them. This thing will sell like crazy in certain markets.

I personally like it, wasn't crazy when I saw photos but saw a few in person the other day and thought they looked nice, different (good different) which is why my wife likes them. And for those who say its not "practical", sure it is, the trunk floor area is the same as the X3, it just looses air space at the top and my family loads up our X3 maybe 2-3 days per year, meaning the rest of the time the X4 would work perfectly. My wife likes the higher ride height compared to a wagon or GT, which is why there is a niche for this car, the few thousand people that it fits perfectly for.

All the comparisons to the Macan are amusing, have you guys all seen them in person? personally I prefer the X4 style wise (exterior only), and this M40i will run circles around the Macan S for about the same price, can't compare it to the Turbo as that's $80K once optioned out. I just don't want to deal with Porsche maintenance.

Anyone who loves cars and understands business should understand what BMW is doing and appreciate what they are doing (for future development of their company)

Also, please everyone stop with the "real M car" crap, as has been said before M=Marketing now, it isn't much different than AMG or S/RS, its just a letter BMW uses to describe something as being "sporty and premium", so if you see someone in a M40i is the first thing you are thinking "its not a real M" LOL, WHO CARES, its the highest performing X3/X4 they offer and that's what should matter.
Appreciate 0