Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post

BUT you can't compare the Macan S to the X4 35i with price, sure its about $2,000 base price difference but look what is standard on each and then add in options to see the real difference, its probalby more like a $10,000 difference when equiped the same...
Well a lot of BMW owners buy Dinan/Alpina or what have you for extra $5k~12k for that extra power and most of 3 & 4 buyers pay $3k extra just for M-sports package for the appearance, because base package just looks plain ugly.
If Macan can be had for only $10k more similarily equipped, I'm sure I'll take that over instead of buying performance packages from BMW to make it look good and go fast
Also that extra $10k will get me better interior quality/ride quality as well and badge name is just a plus.

Sure options in Porsche is more expensive, but you can always option it conservatively too and have a very nice car at reasonable price. Maybe you will miss out of HUD and etc but I don't think that is a deal breaker.

At this price range and category, Macan S, Evoque, SQ5 seem to be better choices since we are not talking about utility.
Main point of this category is "looking good" by sacrificing the utility but X4 clearly doesn't fullfill this.

Last edited by jlstyle; 03-07-2014 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0