View Single Post
      09-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Newbie about to order

Hello all, returning to the BMW fold after 6 years in a Land Rover Freelander 2, had a 2001 3 series saloon and 2005 3 series coupe before that. Very impressed with the X3 although yet to testdrive, just a couple of queries for now

1) I have read on this forum about the instrument cluster being updated for MY14 however after speaking with a local BMW dealer they have said there are no updates planned - whats the verdict?

2) Does the current instrument cluster have a digital readout of your speed, a Q5 I looked at did and I found it much easier to keep to speed limits by looking at numbers rather than a dial

3) Dependant upon the above answer I may opt for HUD - is it any good / worth the money

4) The voice activation button on the steering wheel - is this purely for phone calls or does it control other functions (ie - putting radio on etc?)

5) Is there any space in the boot for a spare wheel if I opted to buy one? Not a believer in foam spray cans and would rather have a spare although ive heard rumour there isnt room to put one?
Appreciate 0