07-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #39
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon View Post
Sorry to hear it. Is BMW corporate addressing your concerns? My 2008 135i (year one of the one) was the most problematic car I've ever owned and was nearly lemoned. After many trips to the shop BMW fixed the issues and it never had any more problems after that, and I liked it. The US-made X3 is leaps and bounds, at least for me, a better made vehicle.
BMWNA and BMWAG addressed my concerns when they replaced my car and reimbursed me for the lease payments I made when the car was in the shop for more than half a month at a time. They also encouraged my dealership to offer me a loaner free of charge for the seven week period during which I waited for my "second chance" X3 to be delivered to me. Then my "second chance" X3 arrived with the very same problems that plagued my first one. One by one, they crept out from every which corner of the car.

I'd resorted to believing that this was a widespread, all-encompassing 2011 model year issue. But then two of my neighbors came home with 2011 X3's (one almost identical to mine) with no problems at all--so they say.

I've decided that I'm the only one who drives while conscious, because that is the only reason why I could have been delivered two X3's with the very same issues in one year. There's no excuse for this kind of engineering mishap. And I can assure you, I haven't nearly enough Karmic debt to deserve this purposeful-seeming inconvenience.
Appreciate 0