07-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO
I find the opposite about Audi drivers verses BMW drivers. Both brands have their share of auto enthusiasts but I find more superficial clueless people driving BMWs than Audi. Let's face it, if all you care about is image and know absolutely nothing about cars, you get a BMW. You don't get an Audi.

Plus, I remember seeing a USA survey where the average Audi driver earns a slightly higher salary than the average BMW driver. So when a customer buys an Audi, it's not because Audi has a better image than BMW or because they can't afford a BMW. There's something specifically about the car that attracts them to it. Whereas the brand whore runs straight to the BMW dealership, no question asked.

I just find the chances of running into a true auto enthusiast more with Audi than with BMW. Of course there's more auto enthusiasts driving BMW's than Audi's but that's largely because BMW sells significantly more vehicles than Audi. I'm talking about percentages and probability. I've talked more "car talk" with Audi drivers than with BMW drivers over my lifetime. Some of my BMW friends are still looking for the blinker fluid reservoir that I told them needs regular changing yearly.
Yeah I have to agree with you. BMW's are a little snooty without substance. The engineering pedigree is there, but the quality isn't. With Audi, there's more focus on everything, especially quality, even if it is at the expense of a little driving dynamics. Audi's are more sensible and satisfying to own, look at, and sit in.
Appreciate 0