04-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #100
cavargas
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There is a 10% difference between the BMW Concept X4 and the Production BMW X4. What you see here is 90% the car you will able to buy next year.
Unfortunately, that 10% is what makes a car go from looking good to looking awesome and to stand out from its competitors. When people buy a premium brand like BMW, they expect to have that extra 10% that most other companies are lacking. So the X4 production version is going to end just like the 4 series, a nice looking car but nothing to get over exited about and a bit disappointed because after looking at the concept you know what it could have been. What I really can't understand is why those nice details of the concept can't make it into production and I'm coming from a design/manufacturing background so I know the compromises that have to be made on a production model/product, but in this case, that extra 10% is nothing out of the ordinary in terms of manufacturing within the capabilities of a company like BMW. I wish BMW had taken an "Apple" approach to product design, they just minimize to the limits any compromise needed on production and develop their designs go into production in a 99% form.
Appreciate 0