Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsublime View Post
Dinan should have something soon...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636503

Good info by Lotus - according to those figures the Dinan tune would have to seriously be detuned or it would greatly exceed the max recommended torque for the tranny.
Dinan has announced their performance upgrade for the 35i (N55) in the past couple days. It looks like this will be available for the X3 soon. The big advantage is the warranty is still valid, it is dealer installed so we are covered. Dinan is the tune that I am considering once it is available.

The other tune that I have read positive results about is the Proceed tune kit. It has shown awesome results, however, you are looking at warranty issues again.

Lotus, again thanks for the technical explanation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the information on Dinan
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DINAN N55 Performance Software Now Available – 355 horsepower
By Horatiu Boeriu. Read Bio
January 17th, 2012

Dinan releases their Performance Software for the N55 twin-scroll turbocharged BMW engine. Here are the details:

“After hundreds of hours of hard work by the Dinan engineering team the N55 Performance Software is now available for immediate download via OBDII at all Dinan Dealers around the world.

Dinan, the most trusted name in the BMW aftermarket is now offering the most anticipated Performance Software in years and as always is covered by the most comprehensive and longest warranty, a BMW new car factory matching warranty coverage up to 4 years / 50,000 miles.

It is well known that the N55 engine software has been a tough nut to crack. Our 4 full time software engineers were able to make a blistering fast software tune that will push your guts into your spine, smoke the tires and put a big smile on your face. Using years of experience tuning BMWs for the street as well as winning back-to-back Grand-AM DP Championships and the 2011 24 Hours of Daytona the Dinan team is the best in the business.

Dinan Performance Software is so much more than just tuning up the turbo boost. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. Protecting your BMW while giving the most performance is the definition of “Performance Without Sacrifice”. Drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength then the program is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, including the possibility of consequential damages. The top speed governor is removed (X5 & X6 top speed, 155 mph), enabling the BMW to achieve its full potential.

Benefits:
+ Substantial Power Increase

+ Only Pure OBDII Software Upgrade On The Market
+ Better Drivability than “Piggyback” boxes
+ Hassle Free Operation
+ Huge Torque Gains Drastically Improves Acceleration
+ No Shipping! Available at ALL +130 Dinan Dealers Around the World
+ No Hesitation Between Shifts
+ Downloads through the BMW diagnostic port, the same way BMW loads software
+ Top Speed Governor Removed, you decided how fast you want to go (X5 & X6 top speed, 155 mph)
+ Factory Matching Warranty Coverage (4year/50,000 mi), no sleepless nights or being scared to go to the BMW dealer
+ Full Map Rescaling, for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between
+ Properly Returned Fuel Mixtures, to save you gas and protect your engine
+ Water Pump Speed Increased, to improve cooling
+ Retain All BMW Factory Engine Damage Safeguards
+ Free Dinan Software Updates for the Life of the Car, if BMW makes an update so do we.

Stage 2 Performance Software
$1999
355 Horsepower @ 5300 RPM
401 lb-ft of Torque @ 3500 RPM
Required Parts: None

Currently Available for:
2011, 2012 335i & 335i xDrive E90, E92, E93
2011, 2012 135i E82, E88
2012 X5 xDrive 35i E70
2011, 2012 X6 xDrive 35i E71

Available Soon:
535i & 535i xDrive F10