United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeir View Post
I dont know if I trust consumer reports either, who is to say they arent getting a free trip to Hawaii for a good review? What i find more reliabel is to visit forums like this and get a consensus from the common man. If something is a problem it will be voiced. If its good it will be voiced. You can read all the reviews you want and none of them will help you if the car develops a problem five yrs from now as most are predicated on a new vehicle. Take all the input you can get yr hands on put it in a blender and see what comes out.
Anything's possible, but doubtful with CR. Nobody would want to take those people anywhere.

The Car Magazine people all get together with the car manufacturers at events: introduction of new models, car shows, etc. And more importantly they accept advertising from the the very companies they're supposed to be writing objective reviews about. It's much more plausible that these folks are more corruptible than CR.

I totally agree that I definitely value the opinions of people in these forums than anywhere else- that's why I read the threads. You folks are very helpful!
Appreciate 0