View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Software Update (Multimedia & Tele)

Has anyone used, successfully, the "software update" for multimedia and telephone? I did some searching of the site and didn't really see much out there, so if this is a repeat, please repost the appropriate thread.

I followed the directions, but I get an error indicating that the file is "invalid"??

First, I checked to see what version I had (MX-003.004.031, TX-003.004.031) - I have 2012 purchased in October 2011 (US). Then went to www.bmw.com/update to see what versions where out there. It's kind of clunky since they don't just come out and tell you the versions for the update, so you have to look at the installation PDF to see that the file: UPD01004.bin will bring the software up to MX 3.5.4, TX 3.5.4. Great so far. You enter you last 7 digits of the VIN to be sure you get the right update.

You put the file on the root directory of a flash-drive. I used the BMW flash drive, but any would work I recon. Then head out to the car and go to the "Software Update" option through the iDrive/USB in the center console (important since the glove box USB doesn't do the update - so I'm told)... Did all that... file "invalid"...

Any ideas? Thanks

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0