View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

What would you change on your X3?

Ok, so I am at roughly 5000kms driven, over about 3.5 months. I had an accident already and I've driven in traffic, in the country on windy roads, on dirt roads, and plenty of highway. So, the only thing I am missing is slush/snow/ice (winter driving). I'll post some things that could be changed to make this car even better, and some issues I am having with certain things. I'm looking for people to add on also, even if it's something small that bothers you like a piece of cheap plastic somewhere etc..

1> This is my first BMW, and I find sometimes when I brake, my foot comes too close to the gas pedal, never had that on my previous cars, (audi/porsche/mazda)

2> Front needs to be made stronger, after my first accident, I can't tell you how cheap the front part of our cars are, and how the brackets holding our lights are. I just had to replace 2 because the front of my hood pushed into them, it's retarded and I've never heard of that before.

3> Better brakes, they are ok, but there should be stronger ones on the x35i over the smaller engine.

4> Sometimes when I turn, my thumb gets caught on that little rubber thing sticking out on the steering wheel. Annoying, but could be in a better location.

5> While I love the look of the car, I could do without the black plastic going around the car, even without the M model, it would be nice to not have to pay to have that.

6> Lag , I doubt they'll fix this but, if they could this car would be in a class of its own, otherwise I guess I will look for an engine flash in a couple of years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I was just throwing ideas around on how BMW could improve these models over the years.
Appreciate 0