Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Going from Comfort (always engaged after engine restart) to Sport, means:
-changed steering
-changed throttle response
-changed grearbox pattern
-changed dampers

=fun!

Moving the gearlever to left (M/S), engages manual shifting. It will downshift automatically if going slow - no auto upshift.

2014, X4, 35i, M-sport, sport auto, variable sport steering, adaptive dampers, (lowered 35 mm).
your comment about moving the gear selector to the left isn't completely correct. Moving it to the left just moves it to DS mode. Unless you then move the selector up or down, or use the paddles on the steering wheel, you don't go into manual mode.

Which then still brings me back to my point which is what's the difference between changing to Sport mode for the transmission/gearbox, vs. moving the selector to DS from D.

Lastly, I see you wrote you've lowered your car 35 mm. Which lowering springs did you use, and can you give a review / point me to one if you've already done one?

you luckily have the electronic damper's optioned on your car, which I don't, so your experience will be different than mine when I put Springs on, I'm debating between going with H&R or Eibach. Eibach looks like a lower drop with their US spec spirngs vs. the H&R, so I'd prefer to go with H&R, but I read a review from someone saying they hated how harsh it drove, and even switched back to stock after just a few days.
Appreciate 0