View Single Post
      10-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #304
DocX
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
Only word of caution to you as a country driver (and what I'm going to say will not come as a surprise to those who have seen my other posts) is the issue of the OEM runflat tyres. By all means do your own research, but what I expect you to find is that there is next to no support for either the repair or replacement of the runflats outside the capital cities. To may wish (or not) to follow what I have done in replacing the runflats with conventional tyres and a full size spare tied down in the back. Though based in the city, with the amount of country driving that I do I wasn't going to let the issue of the tyres stop me from the purchase of a great car.
Tony
I am pretty sure our local guys won't stock those runflats. Is the tied down spare a dealer option or aftermarket? I am just wondering where and how you tie the spare.
Since I never had a beemer before, I am assuming runflat tyre means you can still drive when they bust, but just slower. I'm thinking of keeping a couple spare runflats in my garage and have the locals replace them should the unfortunate happens.
Appreciate 0