Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenX3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
With regards to the polarized lenses, the only instances I've heard where people cannot see the HUD with them on are after windshield replacements. There's a special windshield for the HUD (since the full-color version was released on the F01 7-series in 2009), which is why it costs $1,300 and not $600. This windshield is designed to counteract the detrimental effects of wearing polarized sunglasses. Unless BMW is full of it, you should be fine.
Well, heck. BMW is full of it (at least what they told you or wrote). If you wear polarized sunglasses (I have Maui Jims) you can't see the HUD. I'll snap some photos when I get a chance.
I never wear sunglasses but that's definitely unfortunate. Try adjusting height and brightness. If that doesn't work, maybe just get a shitty pair of sunglasses that aren't polarized to keep in the car with you, and you can wear the polarized ones otherwise.

As nice as the HUD is, many find no use for it, as it is rather redundant. Hardly a safety feature, you may end up turning it off. Although I do understand the need to feel like you spent your money for a reason ($1,300 for HUD, $300 for sunglasses). I'll do some research and see what other options you have.
Appreciate 0