12-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter4881
Unfortunately only the 20d is available in my neck of the woods . Dealers here only bring in preconfigured X3s which, sadly enough, are not equipped with performance goodies. It doesn't have the sports+/comfort/ecopro controls. No DHP. No M-sport package or Nav. No cameras. No power folding side mirrors. Also, it's impractical to custom order an X3 so I'm stuck with what's available.

What the high end preconfigured X3s here have are: 20d 8 speed Steptronics, Sunroof, Nevada leather seats, iDrive with a 6" screen, X-line package, Combox, Cargo rails/nets/bin, Zenon lights (non-adaptive) , basic PDC (no camera) and 19 inch Wheels. Dealer also says that since it is an 8 speed Steptronic, it also has Sports suspension. Don't know if this is true.

What do you guys think of this per configured package? Also is the 19 inch wheels with RFTs any good for ride comfort? We have some bad roads here and there.

Thanks in advance for your comments and insights.
That's not the reason it has a sports suspension. 19" + sports suspension is no probs on the ride. In fact, I much prefer it to be more connected and less floaty. Quite an odd combination of options. 19" 309s on an SE are expensive, as is sunroof, xline and Xenons, and you get all of these but no pro nav.

And as per philtrick, where on earth are you?!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0