View Single Post
      07-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #33
andy8400
Andy8400
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Sfax, I Tried your armrest theory several times (I can read the signal on the control screen as well as on the phone) but sadly it didn't work for me.

I then placed aluminum tape across the notorious iPhone4 antenna gap which reduced the signal by about 2 bars. The purpose: To determine if the signal was being transferred to the sharkfin roof antenna, bypassing the iPhone's internal ariel. There was no change here as well so I am concluding that the phone is not physically being connected to the roof antenna when snapped in.

My next step (to confirm the above) will be to place a grounded metal container over the sharkfin antenna. If that has an effect, I should see a reduction or elimination of my satellite radio signal as well as the GPS satellites. Also, my BMW Assist signal. I would then place the phone in the cradle to look for a REDUCTION in phone signal. If there isn't any, then the roof antenna would be permanently ruled out as working for once and for all. I will share my results, of course. Thanks for your suggestion anyhow, Andy
Appreciate 0