View Single Post
      06-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #82
malfunction99
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 30d M-Sport

30d M-Sport - First Thoughts....

I took delivery of my 30d M-Sport @ 5:30pm last Friday from Westside BMW in Brisbane, and was only able to drive it until Sunday before I had to get on a plane for a week-long business trip. I've only managed to clock-up 250km so far....

One-word summary of the experience so far:- WOW!

The first thing that hit me when driving home from the dealer was that the performance, even without exceeding 3000rpm was just great. Grin-inducingly good. Everything works, no defects, and importantly, whilst pix of the M-Sport made the 19" rims look a little small, in reality they don't seem undersized to me.

One surprise - even though I didn't order the DHP (or whatever its called) my car definitely has the Normal/Sport/Sport+ adjustable settings. I played around with it briefly just to prove/disprove its inclusion, and its definitely there. Sales guy says its now standard on M-Sport, although this isn't reflected on the website.

So, a bonus there. Normal mode is easily comfortable enough for everyday use, and the handling, so far, is excellent.

The reversing camera and TopView are excellent. My 190cm 15yo son has plenty of space in the back seat (and a big smile) and I have plenty of space in the front.

I'm a bit of a fatty so I was a little worried that the Sports seats might be uncomfortable / too small in the backrest / width areas, but they are fine.

I can't wait to get home on Friday night and go for a longer drive on the weekend. I will post some more detailed thoughts once the woo-hoo factor wears off. Its hard to be totally objective about the X3 just now..... Love it.

Will try to get some pix up too.
Appreciate 0