DEVM
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3-35d 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilkie View Post
Hi all,

So I finally took delivery of my X3 a couple of weeks ago, and could not be happier!

Went for the X3 2.0d. Sapphire Black, M Sport Package, dynamic suspension, premium sound, etc etc. Only thing I missed were the power folding mirrors (as per a previous thread) but I have not had occasion to use them!

Bought the new Thule Aero bars, and a Thule roofbox for carting around snowboarding kit. Photo attached.

The drive is great. Much better than I could have imagined for this size of car. I currently have winter wheels (17's) fitted, and had a couple of very snowy drives up to the mountains. No issue at all, and did not need to break out the chains! The 2.0d engine is actually perfect for my needs. Living in Switzerland with very strict speed control, I didn't want something that would tempt me too much. Besides, this is an SUV, and I have my motorbikes when I really have to let loose. The engine has plenty torque for driving around the mountains, and shifting quickly around the city. Only noticeable lack in power is when maxing out at motorway limits. No big deal for me.

Went for the M kit for looks alone. I may not have the 3.5d to match, but don't care

My wife is no car fan, especially not BMW (don't ask why). However, this is the first car she really loves to drive. Driving position, visibily, feel from the engine are all great. She finds this much improved from our previous 320d touring.

If anyone is on the fence about buying this car, jump straight over....it is awesome
Nice picture and good looking car :-)
I'm still waiting for mine x3 to arrive. Promised delivery in december, but now delivery will be early märz. When did you order and how long was your wait? I live in züri as well. I can't stand that we have to pay twice as much compared to the usa and have to wait 6 months or longer for delivery...

Enjoy your ride. Cheers