View Single Post
      09-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
TXBimmer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 35i, Panamera Turbo

I just did what you are contemplating. I traded my E93 M3 for a 2013 X3 355i with M Sport Package. I needed a more practical car and wanted the best possible driving experience. My other car is a Porsche Panamera Turbo so the M3 was actually my "slow" car but I was using the Panamera as my "practical" car and that just didn't make any sense. I only considered the Cayenne S/GTS and the X3. I previously owned an X5 and with the impending change I didn't see any reason to consider the X5/X6. The Cayenne is great but I have a Panamera and the Cayenne feels so much bigger than the X3. My BMW dealer finally got a White M Sport which is exactly what I wanted and I snapped it up as soon as they got it. While obviously isn't an M3 its the closest you can get in an SUV. The size is just perfect, fits everything I need but still feels nimble. The only SUV I would take over this car is the X3 M if they ever bring it to market. The car feels fantastic especially in Sport and Sport +. The acceleration is comparable to a Panamera S/GTS, you would have to go Turbo to beat it. I would love to take that next step on the M scale and install the Hartge quad pipes (http://www.hartge.de/e/bmw_auspuff_6298.html) but I have not been able to find them in the US. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyway, bottom line is that I can highly recommend your switch based upon everything you have said and my recent experience.
Appreciate 0