sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
sfax,
is the current gear displayed on the dash? You say you the engine has so far been responsive with the 8 speed auto. I'm pleased, this sounds far better than the manual 6sp. Could you try slowing down (off throttle without braking) from say 30 / 40 mph to say 5/10mph and then floor the accelerator and report back? And also do the same but use the brakes instead? If you are able to see what gears the gearbox selects and when would also be very interesting. I'd like to know if you do experience any delay in the car building speed.
Tried some deliberate gradual braking and then flooring the accelerator today and there is a small delay before it kicks in. At least one second, probably more although I wasn't timing accurately and when it does kick in, it's fast, so I was having to be a bit careful not to take anyone out!

It's noticeable and if I was in my old car and I had selected 2nd gear and then floored the accelerator it would be quicker to react. I didn't manage to slow down from 40 to 10 without braking (not so easy in an automatic and with other cars on the road ) so this test was artificial but I'll have another look at it.

I don't think there is any cause for concern though.

I have also had some more time to play around with the steering and I am still 100% happy with it. I can feel the road through the tyres and taking roundabouts quickly (for example) feels natural and I get the feedback that I need. This may be due to my particular combination of servotronic steering, sports suspension and 19" alloys. Other combinations may vary.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0