View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

The X3, as well as with most new BMWs will shift to park when a door is opened between speeds of 1 to 3 mph. Stupid I know but I think it's to prevent roll off accidents where someone forgets to put the car in park, gets out, and said vehicle rolls away.

Concerning the window issue, we have had one weird occurrence and that was the day we drove it home from the performance delivery center. We were getting on the highway and when I went to roll up the rear windows they didn't budge. After pressing the button multiple times they finally went up. Interestingly enough, 16 months and 25k miles later the issue has never happened again.

On the music blaring issue, is it possible she only hit the start/stop button once, killing the engine, but leaving the electronics powered? It is easy to do. If left to run on it's own it turns off after 10 minutes I believe. My shut down procedure is this: enter parking spot, press start/stop button TWICE and go on my way. You don't even need to switch into park, the first press of the button kills the motor and puts it into park.

Also, while on the music blaring topic, be careful with DVDs. If you watch a DVD the volume knob has to be spun multiple times to get the DVD to be loud enough. Then if you switch back to radio/cd/sat the volume is still at the same spot but the new audio sources come across very loud. I'm talking blow your speakers loud. Always have to remember to turn the DVD volume WAY down before switching to another source.

Just curious, where in SW Ohio are you located? We are in Dayton area.
Appreciate 0