View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

In a previous life I was a systems engineer / software developer; the complexity of these systems is daunting. I'd rather be safe than sorry, but logic tells me that no matter how much preliminary testing is done on these systems (before releasing into the real world), there is nothing better than the every-day real life use to catch the bugs. Oink, oink. Honestly, I expected it on my vehicle as I ordered it with just about every bell and whistle available. My concern is that with age, will issues accelerate, or be put to bed?

I've had my X3 since October 2011, two errors have been generated. One for the xenon light system failure, and this one - the 4X4 error... both required a simple "firmware" or software updates.

My only gripe is the length of time it takes to update, the last being every bit of 4 hours. I would think that with technology today, this should be no more than 1 hour, but hey, what do I know?