View Single Post
      02-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #76
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I've spoken to John Brookes at BMW today about this in some detail. More details to follow but in summary:

Definitely* available as an accessory. Confirmed by technical team at BMW and in an email from BMW in Germany.

iPhone 4 "basic" accessory available from today - this has now appeared on bmw.co.uk. This just fits an iPhone4 but doesn't give you any new 6NR stuff

iPhone 4 media snap-in available from April as an accessory - this is what you need, along with the 6NR software update

What this means is 6NR is definitely available* as an accessory but you can't get the iPhone 4 media snap-in cradle that you need until April.

* according to BMW Group UK, and confirmed in an email from Germany - details of actual email hopefully will follow but I haven't seen said email with my own eyes!

Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 4 February 2011 16:14
Subject: [SRNUMBER=1-6641861460]

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your email dated February 3, 2011. I am responding on behalf of my colleague Mr John Brookes.

Please accept my apologies with regards to the conflicting information given to you and Mr xxxx, however, this has been addressed and I can confirm that the previous correspondence sent to you by my colleague, Mr John Brookes was the correct information in relation to your enquiry.

I trust that this clarifies the situation, however, if you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Yours sincerely

BMW Group UK
Alexandra Rixom

Customer Information Executive
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell RG12 8TA
Tel: 0800 325 600
Fax: 0870 5050 206

Mail: customer.information@bmw.co.uk
URL: www.bmw.co.uk

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers

Last edited by sfax; 02-04-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0