08-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I've experienced varying levels of BMW suspension. When I had the CSL it was far too hard for a comfortable drive anywhere, even when it did sound nice.

The E92 M3 was hard, but passable, but on the days when you just want to be comfortable, you couldnt have it.

All the reviews before ordering my X3 seemed to be with the full bunch toys, and nothing with only the SS. I saw a few posts around the net suggesting sports mode with the suspension was a bit too hard, and I have to agree that if I had to live with that mode (and I am told when its enabled it very similar to the M sport) all the time, those days where you are hungover, feeling crap and driving on bad roads, you really might not enjoy the trip.

On times I stay in comfort mode, and while it bounces and wallows on corners, its comfortable and especially good when carrying passengers who do not like speed.

I only in the last few weeks decided to start driving in S+ mode, and I have to say I love that mode for a spirited drive on a good day. So I like having the join at least in the summer.
Appreciate 0