View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #2158
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I doubt it's much of an issue for most people really. You get a warped view on forums but most owners will never go near a forum.

I don't think it should necessarily look premium or luxurious inside in any case. It's not a saloon or a Range Rover and the base model is only about £32k. You have to pay more than a 3 series because it's an xDrive and it's bigger. When you factor that in, the base model is not really in the premium price bracket (hence why some options like xenons and electric seats aren't standard). What gives it a premium price tag is adding £10k worth of options and £6k for a faster engine. If you want to spend that money and get more of a premium feel inside, then perhaps buy an X5 instead.
Thats a fair point regarding comparison to the 3 series, however BMW is perceived as a premium brand so I don't think its unrealistic to expect an premium feel inside all of their products regardless of options selected.

Completely agree its not a Range Rover so we shouldn't be expecting equivalent interiors however I believe that models lower down the BMW range carry off premium interiors quite well so surely the X3 shouldn't be an exception?

In the main I don't think interior is terrible however its let down by quality of certain plastics (door, stalks etc), the seats (non sport) and the perceived build quality (clicks and rattles).
Appreciate 0