View Single Post
      06-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #114
paul386
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Mine's in for rear brakes and this software update. Took a long time to convince them of the software update and still not sure they're going to do it.

Had an appointment for Tuesday with a loaner. Arrived and they said, "no loaner". So, what did they expect me to do to get to work that day after planning with the expectation of a loaner? They explained that the appointment was really just an appointment to sit and talk to the SA about the car's problem and not to leave the car -- what?? Since when? Now they've had the car three days and have called each day to report they've been a little backed up (and no, I didn't recommend fiber) so they haven't even started working on the car yet. Why make an appointment for a repair if you're so behind you can't do the repair? That sounds like you don't really have an appointment available; schedule me in when you can actually do the work!

Anyway, I've never been bothered by the "take off lag" issue. I have experienced the start-up oscillation, but only over the last few months. Not sure what changed. I did experience the "bottoming out" on deceleration and transition to acceleration where the response is flat, forcing you to keep pressing to try to get it going and then it finally launches. So, curious to see what it's like if they actually do the software install.
I also had a tough time getting my dealer to do the software update... BMW Austin.
Appreciate 0