View Single Post
      08-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

We were able to run an X3 pretty hard, about 10 hot laps, at the BMW center in SC. It handles surprisingly well. You can feel the higher center of gravity but the chassis is very balanced and maintains composure surprisingly well. You can definitely induce an oversteer situation when the roads are wet and you turn OFF traction control. It's one of my guilty pleasure. When the pavement is wet, hit a turn in 2nd gear, floor it, and be prepared to counter steer. Thing is, even with traction control off it won't let the back end come entirely around. It will step out maybe 15 degrees then it get's pulled back in.

As far as laying some rubber from a stop... it's nearly impossible, even with traction control off. I've power braked from a stop and was only able to get the wheels to chirp. You'll never get any of that glorious tire smoke you see in the high powered RWD vehicles. I had a MB C63 to play around with a few months back and that thing is pure insanity. You just breath on the go pedal and the rear tires want to shred themselves. Smiles for miles in that beast!
Appreciate 0