Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
Dealer experience

RR- bad, bad, bad!!!
Worst experience ever at a car dealers. I have been a BMW customer for a number of years and was really looking for a change and the evoque seemed
to fit the bill for what I was looking for.
Dealer experience changed my mind- salesman rude inefficient and was not keen to let me have a proper test drive. When he realised I wanted a pure and not fully loaded prestige/dynamic he took great delight in telling me that they had a huge waiting list and offered me a lousy part exchange(without even looking at the vehicle) and delighted in telling me how much less it would be worth in 6 months time!
The experience has put me off buying any LR or RR product ever.
Found it hard to believe how bad it was and very short sighted by dealer- future purchases ? so complained to the dealer principle,who did not respond, but salesman's boss rang and did not seem interested, just trotted out some pathetic stock answers- I guess this is just normal for them.
Conclusion RR dealers treat customers like C**p, just imagine what they are like when they have your money or you need after sales service ?
This seems to be borne out by posts on the RR Evoque forum which is full of complaints about dealers.

The RR dealer concerned was Stratstone in Nottingham.

The dealer experience at BMW was totally different in a good way.

In the end I went for the X3 as it was a better overall package.

spec:
Have to say the RR dealer here in the SW was just as bad. Not interested in offering test drive (Had 6 test drives of BMWs various X1/X3/X5 combo's).

Told us the Audi was a better car!

Waste of a drive to see them!

BMW (OCEAN) are exactly what you need from a dealer. Not push but quick to respond, explain clearly anything asked, helped but did not select spec, a total experiance (and great coffee!).
Been to 3 other BMW dealers and sensed a similar level of service.
Appreciate 0