03-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

G01 Esys coding guidance

Hey folks,
I spent today doing a bunch of FDL coding on my 2019 X3 30i using Esys. There are a few things that are not working as expected and hoping to gain some insight.

- Digital Speedometer: I coded KI_DISP_CB_SPEED_DIGITAL to Aktiv, but there was no change. Still only get the large digital speedometer in Sport Mode only, which I believe is a stock setting. Is there another setting to code that will show digital speedometer in all driving modes, mainly comfort?

- Alpina style gauges: I coded ALPINA_ENABLE to Aktiv in Kombi2 but that did nothing

- Enhanced BT (EBT): I coded a large number of settings that I found across a few forums. I have Office (SMS etc...) working but cannot connect more than 1 phone still, and when streaming music, I cannot see the entire playlist, just select previous or next song

Screen Mirroring: I've got this working as tested with an LG phone, but I can't get my Essential Phone PH-1 to work. On the phone when I go to cast, I see the BMW but it just says connecting and times out. Does this just mean the phone itself is not compatible for some reason?

Email: Everything car wise should be enabled but I can't figure out how to set it up through Connected Drive portal. There is no option in my account to set up emails. Any direction here is appreciated.

Warnings: I coded everything out, but I did catch a warning when clicking reply on an SMS. How to code this out?

Seatbelt warning. How to code out the chime when driving without a seatbelt?

Could I have done anything to muck up the avg mileage in the instrument display? I went for a short drive today and it wouldn't move from 20L/100km, and drove real slow for a few mins to try and get it down and it never changed. I'll check again tomorrow and see, might have just been a blip

Thank you!
Appreciate 0