Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i Space Gray

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
Sorry to hear that Lateshow, it's a bad feeling to scratch your car, I myself dinged my driver side mirror within the 1st week.

After that experience I now back up as if there aren't any sensors or camera and go back to sticking my head out the window. This is the best advice I could give you as all these extra gadgets are nice but they should be used to give you a better view of your surroundings when mirrors can't and not to be used to supplement them.

Also I'm curious how your wife damaged the car, did she think she had more room than she thought when using the camera or did she have a blind spot and hit the driver's side near the tailpipes at an angle?
I reversed the next day from the same spot and it's really pretty clear in the camera view. She didn't look over her left shoulder, which was where the car was parked. She was reversing left out of the driveway, so why she wouldn't have looked over that should I have no clue. She says she was distracted by people talking to her. Also of note, the passenger claims she heard to beeping until after they hit. Either she was going really fast, it's BS, or there was a dead spot in the sensor. I find that hard to believe since she actually hit the car dead on sensor.
Appreciate 0