Akview
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i 2018 530i

Garage List
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit View Post
Our family has owned both the 2012 and 2013 MY X3 2.8i (don't ask why, but it basically involves the words "accident" and "totaled").

I can say that the turbo 4 is a more enjoyable engine than the i6. To say that it's more rev happy is an understatement. And once you get the start/stop function permanently disabled on start up, the turbo 4 is milky smooth and unless you are trying to look for it, you're not going to notice any turbo lag.

Also, herky-jerky sensation some were getting with the i6 when starting from a full stop is remedied and that little annoyance is gone.
Almost 3000 miles on my 28i loaded and have only the start/stop function as a complaint. Wondering if the dealer will change that for me because I don't want to mess with it myself.

Other than that no one seems to mention the MPG. I get 21plus around town and am sure to do much better on a hwy trip. Performance and handling are fantastic and no fit and finish that couldn't be resolved at the dealer with one stop.

It has so much spunk in sport mode that I have to be careful when in use. The turbo has a great sound when I put the peddle to the metal. What's not to love. Looking forward to see how the Xdrive performs on ice and snow with all weathers on.
Appreciate 0