tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
screw you BMW! Not coming to the US!

well I will show my feeling by not buying a X3 right now, BMW thinks the current 28i and 35i will continue to sell out, well you might be shooting yourself in the foot! When that is all that is available and is the best offered by any company it works, but there will be some pretty tough compeition coming in 2012/2013 and BMW better bring the new N20 and 35d here to combat it or they will lose sales!

If either the N20 (with 240 HP) or 35D engine were here I would buy them, I would go to a dealer today to put my order in for a 2012 model, but since they aren't I will hold off for another year to see what BMW and other companies offer for 2013 models

I would suggest others hold off as well (unless you need a car now) because there might be a chance that the US sees both engines in April 2012 as possible 2013 models because production of the current 28i and 35i shows to be stopping in March 2012, now why would that be?
Well, BMW corporate probably doesn't care about your feelings.....they can sell all they want in markets like China and make a larger profit doing so. Also remember diesels historically have not sold well in NA.

BMW, being a global company, will look to the markets that best fill the bottom line. US buyers may have to get used to not being the largest market in the world anymore.