06-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
Definitely sounds like a buy back candidate. Keep everything documented and be patient. Make an outline showing the date of first failure, entry and exit dates into the service department, and repeat for each additional visit. That can be handy for an at a glance failure report and will also clearly show how many days you were without. I'd also note that no loaner was offered. The process can be slow at times from what I've read over the years. I say if you don't see tangible results after this next visit lawyer up. Or at the very least tell the service manager where you should direct your legal counsel inquiries within the dealership as you would like to begin the lemon law process.

I think I'd be more pi$$ed with the fact that you were never offered a loaner BMW. That makes me mad just thinking about it.
Thanks for your advice. I will try to do whatever I can with the dealership if the problem is still not resolved. I was pretty aggravated that they could not give me a loaner. It was a hard week without a car and I called the dealer and confirmed that they had a loaner available for me on my visit today.
Appreciate 0