01-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #21
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
I realize this is not as good as a # to call but what about the info I found on the UK site below:

Q. I am importing a BMW. How can I receive a confirmation of the build date of the vehicle?
A. Please write to:
BMW Customer Services
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 8TA

Please quote the full chassis number of the vehicle (usually 17 digits) and your full address and daytime contact number. We will then be able to send you a letter confirming the build date.

Also-Customer Information Department- please contact us on: 0800 325 600. Maybe they could refer you to the proper #.

I found one more-If you wish to contact BMW Customer Services, please do so by:

Telephone: 0870 5050 160
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately BMW customer services deflect all order status enquiries back to your dealer. They may be able to give you a build date but the dealer usually provides this as well.

What is missing is all of the status updates you see on the Track My BMW website. E.g. I was told Week 3 production and then it seemed to go in a week earlier, which meant I couldn't make any more option changes. I only found out about two of the status updates by spending ages trying to get hold of the dealer, and now, my last status of "departed plant", which I again had to pester the dealer for, was given on 14 Jan but nothing since. No idea where it is at the moment.

It wouldn't be so bad if when it went into production the dealer could just send you a weekly email saying no change, or there's been a delay, or there is a new status update, but you get nothing, which is frustrating.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0