View Single Post
      05-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

You should be fine Pamarin, I too have the Pirelli P7s but just in a different size (245/50R18).

I got to try my X3 in winter driving for the first time earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled. We had a snow storm back in February where we had 4-6 inches where I live and 2-3 feet in some other areas. I drove fine in -5oC (+23oF) temps using the all-seasons and even purposely searched for hills to drive up because I had a week off when it snowed, not once did I have any trouble. I think your largest concern might be ground clearance because the X3 only has around 2 feet of clearance and no way to raise it like some other SUVs out there.

PS: The most common SUV where I live are Range Rovers, while I'm not saying the X3 is better in poor weather/terrain than RRs I can say that I didn't see a single RR on the road when it snowed. I think RRs are for a different demographic who value the brand's name even more so than BMW owners, I'm sure Evoque owners will be the same.
Appreciate 0