Thread: x3 vs. rx350
View Single Post
      09-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

I drove my friend's second gen Lexus RX, and I thought the driving position was kinda awkward despite adjusting various steering and seat positions. Just need a little getting used to I guess.
Ride comfort is good, it was at the time better than my W163 body-on-frame M-class (well of course, since the M-class ride is very truck-like)
Driving dynamic was soft, typical Toyota FWD cars. It wasn't bad, but wasn't "interesting" either. I had a Camry before and it felt just like driving a slightly raised Camry.

IMHO, Lexus RX is better suited for those who just need a comfortable and reliable luxury crossover to get them from point A to point B, where driving dynamic is not really a priority. Those who like to "play it safe" rather than a "risk taker".

The new 3rd gen Lexus RX270 was actually on my consideration list. It offers more standard features (navigation, electric tailgate, comfort access, adaptive headlight) for a slightly cheaper price than the X3, but at the end, I felt the X3 is a much better car.
Appreciate 0