View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
DennisCAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechy View Post
Don't have any other option other than M Sport, so no adaptive anything on mine. In terms of what my profiles do, Sport changes shift points drastically and Sport+ removes the anti-skid or whatever you call it; in Sport+ the rear lets loose extremely easy on hard corners. So I definitely wouldn't qualify it as a "dummy" entry in the car. Normal VS Sport+ the car is a whole different beast.

Sitting at 23000KMs now and I still don't have that god awful jerking @ stops / heavy traffic; that's definitely gone!

I don't feel anything different steering or suspension-wise in Sport/Sport+.

Dealer I bought & go to is Elite BMW, they haven't given me any issues on anything I've brought up; I just printed out the sheets, gave it to the good looking service rep (you'll know if you go :P ) and she browsed what was available in Canada as patches & the US codes given. The ONLY downfall was that now my USB key music sometimes resets when I start the car, as if I had changed to a new key and it rolls back to the top... maybe once out of 5 starts. Small annoyance, and I'll mention it when I get my oil changed next month.
Thanks Dechy.

I assume you drive the 35i model, not the 28i, as I don't think the MSport package is offered on 28i models, but I might be wrong.

It seems that the MSport package software has different options on the menu. I don't have Sport or Sport+ as options in my iDrive. Basically once I enter the Sport mode on the screen, I can choose only a) Drivetrain b) Drivetrain and Chassis or c) Chassis. They showed up after the latest s/w upgrade but don't do anything.

Based on your description, it seems that your Sport mode corresponds to putting the transmission lever in Sport (left from it's default position), which changes the shift points. At the same time the Sport+ seems equivalent to turning off the DSC and DTC all together on 28i models.

Are those options (Sport and Sport+) activated through the screen in your case?

Cheers,
Dennis
Appreciate 0